Monday, November 24, 2014

Recently Read #1

If I Stay, by Gayle Forman - 4/5
If I Stay is a really interesting book and I very quickly went looking for the sequel after finishing it. It's a quick read which touches on love and family as a tragedy plays out to the readers. It is written from a interesting point of view which at first I was sure about but I actually enjoyed it. If I Stay is also a movie which has just released on DVD in most countries. I'm reading the sequel now so I'll let you know what I think about that once I'm finished.

Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn - 5/5
I'm sure you all would have heard of this book by now, if you've not heard of the book I'm sure you've heard of the movie. I am yet to see the movie but I'm sure it'll be amazing because the book definitely was. Every time I thought I knew what was happening there was yet another twist, making me completely rethink what was actually going on. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am dying to see the movie now.

We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart - 4/5

We Were Liars is a very cleverly written book which keeps you thinking right till the very end. It's another quick read which I never wanted to put down, if I remember right it only took me two days to read this book which is pretty quick for me. I would definitely recommend this book if you're looking for a quick read.

The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult - 4/5

Jodi Picoult is hands down one of my favourite authors, I don't think I've ever read one of her books and not enjoyed it. The Storyteller is about a girl called Sage Singer who befriends Josef Weber, a local man from her town. If you have read any Jodi Picoult novels you will know that she swaps between the characters point of view, I really enjoy books where chapters swap from character to character. Some of the chapters in this novel that were set during the Holocaust, they were from Sage's grandmothers point of view and we find out that she actually knew Josef. Sage's grandmother is a Holocaust survivor and Josef was a Nazi SS guard. 

If you'd like to see what I am currently reading you can follow me on Goodreads here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC